New movers present a tremendous opportunity for marketers. Brands can capitalize on this new mover consumer behavior by using trigger marketing to nurture new relationships at opportune moments. But if you aren’t prepared to “make a move” as well, you’ll miss out on this brief and lucrative window of opportunity.
About New Movers
- Much more likely to engage with and try new brands
- $9,400 = average spent on products and services before moving
- New mover expenditures exceed $150 billion annually
- New homeowners spend more within the first six months than an average consumer spends in three years
- New movers are 5x more likely to become long-term customers if you reach them first
Why Trigger Marketing?
Not only is trigger marketing quicker to execute than traditional acquisition marketing, it’s far more effective. Among our own clients, Deluxe sees trigger marketing campaigns perform 2.5x better compared to net-of-control response rates of traditional campaigns:
Four Factors of Successful Campaigns
Effective campaigns must take a very strategic approach to new movers. Getting the most out of your new mover data involves four key factors:
1. Better data: Many marketers rely on single-sourced or limited multi-sourced data providers when targeting movers, but Deluxe has found that no individual provider offers adequate coverage. An extensively multi-sourced database will yield upwards of 900,000 new movers per week, providing you with critical intelligence weeks ahead of your competitors.
2. Compelling ads: Consumers want to be shown useful, relevant products and services that provide value. Addressing their top concerns shows that your brand not only knows their challenges but understands how to solve them. Speaking confidently to a new mover—with a great offer and personalized message—can help convert them into a customer.
3. Minimal time-to-market: Marketers must be prepared to act quickly following a trigger event. In our own research, Deluxe sees responsiveness decline dramatically each week following a trigger. By Week 3, average response rates have decreased 40.5% compared to Week 1:
To minimize time-to-market, we recommend readying a complete campaign and execution process in advance. This allows you to launch immediately after receiving new mover data.
4. Multi-channel reach: Finally, communicate simultaneously across multiple channels—online and offline—to maximize impact. We have found that multi-channel trigger campaigns result in 15% lift in net-of-control response compared to offline-only trigger campaigns. Here’s how a multi-channel approach might look in action:
Getting the most out of your new mover data requires speed and planning, but in the end, trigger marketing allows brands to build dynamic relationships—and cultivate long-term loyalty and repeat business—by helping consumers in their time of need.
For more information about HFA’s exclusive rates with Deluxe, visit their Solution Partner page.
Also, check out Deluxe’s HFA Quick Click Solutions video regarding new movers.