Protect Your eCommerce Website
Protect Your eCommerce Website
Our experts will discuss some of the biggest risks and challenges facing retail websites and selling products online. You will be better equipped to protect your business and customers by understanding the obstacles and potential dangers.
By preventing fraud and making sure your website is compliant with regulations, and maintaining the best user experience, you can feel confident that your website is safe and secure.
- Major threats retailers should work to prevent are fraud on your website, protecting customer and company data, and lawyers that are now going after accessibilities issues.
- Compromising web servers is a very prevalent problem for small and medium-sized businesses.
- A strong firewall is necessary to prevent infiltration.
- Educate your staff on what Phishing expeditions look like. Staff error is the main way hackers come in.
- Retailers are responsible for ensuring customer data is encrypted, especially PCI data.
- The best practice against credit card data on your website is matching the card to its address, validating the address, and checking the CVC number.
- Think with ADA compliance in mind when you are building your website. Once a year, you should plan an accessibility audit with an expert. You can also add automated tools to scan your site for compliance issues continuously.
- Most lawsuits start with a simple complaint, so don’t ignore complaints that your website is not accessible.
Our Panel of Experts:
Jared Smolin – VP, Cyber Intelligence Leader, Synchrony
Jared leads Synchrony’s Cyber Intelligence Program, which is responsible for prioritizing cyber threats to Synchrony and aiding partner teams in Information Security, Technology, and across the business in their risk assessments and responses to those threats. Within his program are teams responsible for Technical Cyber Intelligence, Digital Risk Cyber Intelligence, SecDevOps, and Cyber Threat Hunting. Prior to joining Synchrony, Jared spent over a decade in Federal Service within the U.S. Intelligence Community, where he led intelligence collection and analysis-focused teams and interagency intelligence collection programs. Jared holds degrees from George Washington University and Georgetown University.
Jeff Douglas – Director of E-Commerce, NFM- Nebraska Furniture Mart
Jeff is the Director of E-Commerce for NFM, one of the nation’s largest home furnishings retailers, selling furniture, flooring, appliances, and electronics. This Top 100 company is also part of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Currently, it has locations in Omaha, Des Moines, Iowa, Kansas City, Kansas, and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
Lionel Wolberger – COO, UserWay
Dr. Lionel Wolberger, COO at UserWay. Dr. Wolberger is an expert, who serves on the W3C Accessible Platforms Architectures Working Group, and is a member of the Forbes Technology Council. He has authored patents, holds a Ph.D. in anthropological approaches, and has managed, deployed, and secured multi-million dollar systems for Fortune 100 companies used by tens of millions of people around the world.