The Home Furnishings Association is closely following coronavirus developments, and we know you are, too. On this page, we will provide links to information you need to run your business while protecting the health and safety of your employees and customers.
You can also find our own reports. We want to let you know about resources that may become available to help you manage the challenges ahead, whether they’re small business loans, providing paid sick leave for your employees or taking advantage of special tax benefits.
We also want to hear from you, especially best practices you have implemented that could help other HFA members. We are a strong association because we freely share good ideas so that we can all grow together.
HFA News on COVID-19
WEBINAR: How to calculate (and manage) your cash burn rate
Fri, April 3, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern
Your store is closed or there’s little to no cash coming in, but you still have bills, loans and lease payments due. Retailers who aren’t aware of their cash burn rate can run through their reserves quickly. Knowing your burn rate is a valuable survival tool for retailers who need to know how they can manage and survive this extended shutdown. Join HFA executive vice president Mark Schumacher and Mitchell Stiles, vice president of retail operations for Badcock Furniture on Friday at 11 am PDT (2 pm EDT) for an HFA Webinar during which you’ll learn how to determine your store’s cash burn rate. Just as important you’ll learn what your options are for lowering it while managing your cash flow during this prolonged shutdown. Bring your questions and register below for this important webinar.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington State
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Q & A
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN APPLICATION
- Solutions Partner PartnerShip is helping HFA members stay updated on all logistics news
- HFA is partnering with PERQ to offer a digital sales strategy for new, qualified retailers at no cost for the next 90 days.
- JRM Sales & Consulting CEO Joe Milevsky offers retailers advice on new store hours and how to start back up.
- U.S. Department of Labor employer guidelines for paid family and medical leave
- National Retail Federation call with Dr. Nancy Messonnier and Dr. Lisa Koonin
- U.S. Department of Labor: Preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce resources for businesses
- Gallagher insurance report: Responding to the coronavirus
- Federal Reserve Board Commercial Paper Funding Facility
- National Governors Association state resources
- National League of Cities resources for local leaders
Furniture Retailer Best Practices
Have a concern?
Fill out the form below and tell us how we can help. We don’t have all the answers, but we can connect you to resources where you can find the information you need.