The Home Furnishings Association announced Steve Kidder of Vermont Furniture Galleries, Williston, Vt. as its 2017 president Monday during its annual membership meeting in Las Vegas and it added four board members to its ranks.
Jacob Shevin, Standard Furniture in Birmingham, Ala., Lisa Keyes, Naturwood Furniture in Rancho Cordova, Calif., Richard Rotman, Rottman’s Furniture in Worcester, Mass., and Salvador Llanos, Famsa USA in Dallas were recognized at the board meeting. “They’re going to make our board even stronger with their knowledge and insight,” said Jeff Child of R.C. Willey, the Association’s outgoing president. Child, now Chairman of the Board, passed the gavel to Kidder. The rest of the 2017 executive committee includes president-elect Jim Fee of Stoney Creek Furniture, Stoney Creek, ON, vice president Sherry Sheely of Sheely’s Furniture & Appliance, North Lima, Ohio and secretary/treasurer Jesus Capo of El Dorado Furniture, Opa Locka, Fla.
HFA highlights of 2016:
• Achieved highest member retention rate since the 2013 merger
• Added 120 new members
• Launched HFA Buying Source program, the only program of its kind free to members
• Sponsored four successful Lunch with Leaders events for Next Generation Now members
• Expanded webinar series
• Strengthened partnership with the International Home Furnishings Representatives Association (IHFRA) by adding an IHFRA liaison position to board and working together on education at the HFA conference last year and for the upcoming conference in San Antonio, June 4-6
• Held second annual fly-in to Washington, D.C.
• Redesigned HFA website and created a new online Member Center