Great sales begin with proper leadership, and one of the best ways to outperform the competition is with the right sales leadership approach.
Recently, HFA’s CEO Mark Schumacher spoke with retail sales management expert Karen Barry from The Friedman Group about how building better sales habits can create a repeatable process essential for a furniture store’s sustained success. Joining them were Eric Poupard, Regional Manager Hudson’s Furniture, Michael Millan, President/Owner, Oak for Less Furniture, who came prepared with their questions and issues that many retailers face.
Here the 6 top takeaways on how you can outperform the competition with the right sales leadership approach:
- It is essential to consistently look for sales talent rather than only picking from the limited pool of applicants found in a shorter hiring cycle.
- When evaluating talent, look for coachability, active listening skills, and if they’re comfortable with not having all the answers.
- Hudson’s Furniture elevates sales leadership members from within their organization to ensure culture fit and establishing credibility with the teams they lead.
- Create a rewards program that recognizes sales team members’ success while holding them accountable through performance goals visible to the entire team.
- Implement a simple selling process to create expectations for your sales team to make coaching easier. It also offers the ability for a more consistent customer experience.
- To reduce conflict between sales team members, create a fair rotation system that allows your sales team to understand who is responsible for helping the next customer.
You can view the full webinar of this in-depth discussion on demand HERE.